Sunday 27 March 2011

Cause and correlation

For this project I have to create an interactive graphic novel. I have decided to create a new concept rather than carry on with my game concept fate. I feel I will be free to create dramatic art pieces if I create a new concept.

I have been talking to my tutor about how a graphic novel or comic can become interactive and how it would affect my work. After consideration I have decided to allow for the viewer to create the narrative based on the art work that I create considering cause and correlation. I will try to create imagery that influences the viewer to think of a narrative but still be ambiguos enough to not push them towards my own ideas.

I thought of creating several different variations that the images could be shown depending on what the viewer chooses. For example the viewer can have a choice where the narrative goes for example, explore the ship or make the ship dock. Each choice would have an image that the viewer would be taken to.

This concept is in its early stages and I will need to create a storyboard to show the different variations of the graphic novel.

I also thought of adding animations throughout the graphic novel that can be started or stopped by the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment