Wednesday 30 March 2011

The walking dead

The walking dead is a series of graphic novels created by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore based around a zombie filled world. The interesting thing about the graphic novels is that they take a different view on the idea of zombies taking over. It is based around a group of individuals trying to survive but over a long period of time. I found the series shows a sense of realism in the way that the characters deal with the situation. Their have been 82 issues created for the series which can also be bought as 6 larger books.

The artwork is extremely inpressive although can become quite confusing at times which I think is due to the illustrations being in black and white.




One thing I noticed about this graphic novel compared to others is that it is a preasure to read. I think it is common with graphic novels to find weaknesses in the narrative or the writing style because all the focus is on the drawings. This however had a good narrative that kept me entertained throughout.

If you havent read them I would strongly recommend you to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment